Goodbye, Fujifilm Finepix s5500

So, again, my camera is dead. This is my second digital camera. The first was the Fujifilm Finepix 2800z. Now, the Fujifilm Finepix s5500 is gone. I am not sure what to do with it. It seemed like these cameras lasts about three years in average in my hands before falling apart. The s5500 was already a goner when it refused to focus correctly last year. And then, it lost its sound, no beeps, no click. Sometimes, it comes back and most of the times, it does not. Then this year, its CCD flickered and later on, the flash went nuts. And recenly, with the plastic door to the memory card broke, it was the last straw. Just this morning, it refused to switch on, even when I put in fresh batteries.

And if I am not mistaken, the same problem happened last year just when Kaelynn was born and it cost me more than the camera's buying price to get it replaced. So, if I got it repaired again, its just not worth it. Sigh. Maybe its time I give up taking photos............

But I can't. So now, I am trying to see if I can convince the HM if I can get another one. Maybe the more robust Olympus 950W, the DSLR Nikon 400D or even the Olympus s-510 (I think). But these things cost money and right now, there are no promotions such as trading in your old camera for a price reduction.

I am so used to taking an average of at least 10 shots a day and now, without a camera, I feel like I mssing things or events in life which I cannot record.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

kktan is selling his mint D50 for 1.8k..

You should grab it!

Nex said...

The Nikon D40X is a much superior camera which can now be had for around 2K...

CFC said...

Sorry, guys.

As much as I am tempted to get one, I could not afford it right now. Something just happened over the weekend and I need as much cash I can as a backup plan. This would affect everyone's future.