Opening the Auto Dialers

During our trips, we do see a lot of these little nonsense. They were either thrown on the floor or junked since they tend to get destroyed easily when connected to the telephone line. I hated these little devices but the customer loves them because it offered cheaper phone calls. Still, I would be the first person they would call when the phone lines are down, which is usually due to these devices



Now I know why. There does not seem to have any proper
protection from line surges. For this model, there are a lot
of transistors and a blobbed custom chip

On this model however, the same still apllies but there is
something of interest here....


Its a Microchip PIC! But then again, its most probably
fuse protected so I cannot use it for my own projects.
Moreover, since its SMT, taking it out from the PCB
the normal way would most probably destroy it
anyway. I could salvage the LED holders and also
the jacks but my Boss has other plans

No comments: