Shooting the Phaser rifle

Nex just dropped by my house last night for a very specific purpose. He has upgraded his skills on correcting props almost to "Oh My God!" standard after doing Kal's Fifth Element Pistol. So, we compared the two phaser rifles. One of them is mine and the other, is Richard's.

We have bought the same rifle together but someone did a very bad job on the rifle. In some places, the resin did not flow to the correct thickness and therefore, if you press on that area, it will crack. So, Nex did a lot of patching up and putting in more resin. At one point, he had to snap off the rifle's long end to be able to reach inside the rifle.

So, I am going to dread when it is my turn because I will definitely need to open it up to put in the electronics which is almost ready......

See the difference? Nex's working masterpiece is on top
and mine is, well, you know la.


The details of his work speaks volumes!

3 comments:

Nex said...

I think you need to post higher resolution photos for the real difference to be seen...he he he

CFC said...

Actually, I wanted you dress up in a Toga, with spinach ring on your head, holding the two phasers......

But because we ran out of spinach that night..........

Nex said...

Wah, you replied to my comment 5 mths too late ah...