My first custom project!

Thanks to Pol, I can finally start to make some cash out of electronics! Actually, I do have a lot of electronics projects in the pipeline but somehow, I never did have the time to get them to the demo stage and make proposals (due to a lot of commitments). But this is (kick) step towards that direction which I am quite happy.

However, this is a last minute project and with my day job, I was uncertain how it would turn out. But since Pol thought about me, this means he has confidence I can do it and so, I took up the challenge knowing the risk of failure would be great. I have had a few people putting me in the front like this before and most of the time, I failed and also in the process, lost some friends as I prefererred to be in the comfort zone. But now, I am determined to make things work and if I failed, at least this time, I will know why.

Overall, with less than two days and minimal tools, I have succeeded and learnt a lot from it as well. Apart from electronics, I have utmost respect for Mr. Tan and his son (of OnLine Components Sdn. Bhd. and WIZE Electronics) who, helped me in getting the circuit working through closing time. His patience and customer service was outstanding.

I cannot show you the whole picture but if you click on
it, you can read the whole story

4 comments:

Nex said...

Congrats! I knew you could do it if you really want to. But I also knew you are very busy so that's why I didn't commit and wanted you to talk to the client and see for yourself if you can do it.

Actually I expected you to turn it down due to the tight timeline, but I'm glad you took up the challenge and passed with flying colours!

Now go and make a shrunk-down version so you can sell it on eBay...ha ha ha!

CFC said...

But, but, but....

You told me to stop buying stuff wor. How to make more prototypes, ah?

Can give me some production funds, ah?

Nex said...

Buying stuff for money-making project is ok, but buying figures and toy guns which do not have resale value is not. Get with the programme :P

Nex said...

And congrats, you replied to my comment only 4 mths and 1 day too late this time...