xD card to MMC adaptor

This is one of my worries when it comes to future-proofing my tools. One of the PABX system we service uses the almost obsolete SmartMedia (or MMC) memory cards as backups. Although their latest model now uses SD cards, there were a lot of the older models on the field. At the moment, since I have started my Senior Tech on PABX programming, he too needs these cards when it comes to backing up customer data.

Scouting around KL for these cards were dissappointing as they were either obsolete ("Sorry, just ran out of stock") or ultra expensive. The problem with these cards are that its very easy to kill them when writing halfway or just pulling it out as if it was a thumbdrive when you forgot to stop the voltage.

Then, while looking for one item, I came across this adaptor on eBay for less than RM50. Within less than 3 days, it arrived on my desk!

This is the xD card to Smartmedia adaptor.
I was a bit worred about the thing bent or
broken since they are quite thin.

At least my problem is solved as I can use the old xD
128MB card from my dead FujiFilm FinePix s5500

But where the heck is the 32MB xD that came with
the camera? Have to find it for my Senior Tech soon

No comments: