The Solar Toy

I can't even remember what to call this anymore and so, to me, until I find a better name, is just a Solar Toy. In a nutshell, you feed it photons and it will rock left and right. And it only works best during the day due to some Labour Dispute about not being allowed to Moonlight.........

Ha ha ha.

Anyway, I've been wanting one of these toys since it came out in the last Century. But Bandai and Jusco still maintained the prices at RM39.90 every year without fail. Oh, they'll keep coming out new models but the price is still the same or even higher. And why would I want one so badly? I can't even answer that simple question but here is a close enough analogy:

You never wanted a small soft toy until you find the same one in one of those arcades machines where you empty all your Life's savings into it just to manipulate the grappling hook to free the dumb thing out.

OK, so its not a nice analogy. I think Mount Everest is be better one; "Because its there!"

And so, for RM12.90 I got one. Actually, I got two because
I forgot that the first one was nto working, I could have it
exchanged for another one within three days since I still
have the recceipt. And on the second day, I got another
one until the next day, I realised I had the first receipt.....

Anyway, its going into my Wife's car. You can take the base out, and put in the air freshener that comes with the toy but I just threw it away (The air freshener! The air freshener!). What it does is that the small little circuit in there would collect the free energy from the Sun, store it in the two capacitors and release them into a copper coil at a fixed interval and push the magnet held in place which connects to the two heads. In short, the two heads would violently jerk to the right with a soft high-pitched "shwerhk" sound every two seconds or so to start the momentum.

No comments: