Treasures on a Sunday afternoon

24-05-2009

After much reluctance, I agreed to let my Wife go for a haircut. I mean, I like long hair but in this hot season now, its not fair for her. And so, off we go, to the Salon of her choice in Old Klang Road. And so, while she had her hair cut, I wandered off for a bit as I know, there are limited choice of reading material in the Salon, from Crazy Master Q comics to women's mag to Chinese newspapers/magazines/flyers/crap, etc.


And so, I decided to explore the computer shop next door, which led me to some new treasures.....

Half-spheres and a talking alarm clock


Talking Alarm clock
I always wanted one of these because (at that time and even now) I always hated trying to tell the time from my watch in the middle of the night. As your eyes are already adjusted itself in the darkness, any source of light would blind you. OK, in truth, I was just lazy to swing my wrist to more than 15ยบ horizontal in order to activate the Casio Protrek's auto light. And so, this RM20 clock is a blessing. However:

1) I have no table on my side of the bed
2) The darn thing is too loud
3) Since Kaelynn is aftraid of it, the clock in now placed on the other room...... haih. lazy to walk la.

The cover of the clock is held by two magnets and some
alingment plastic poles. Its teardrop shape and so, when
you try to topple it, the tilt switch will close the circuit,
which would make the clock tell the time.


Half-spheres
Years ago, you can't get this anywhere except in the Apple Shop for about RM43 per set. AS I liked the idea of tilting my Notebook, getting a normal Notebook stand is not practical. For one, its not as portable as the Notebook, it cannot be folded in the bag and lastly, when you rests your hands while typing, the stand will shake about.

So, for RM10, not only does this solve the problem, but its so darn nice to play with it alone. I was about to get some mini bolster made but this really solve the whole problem. So, when my Notebook needs to breath, I just gave it some balls.

Hey look! A mini thermal detonator!
They also have beige, orange and also, erm,
otehr colours except metallic and black.

Its stuck via Velcro and so, I can take it out or
put it in whenever I needed it. Not only that,
when I push my Notebook around the table,
it won't shake. And this makes it feel so solid.

No comments: