The JJ Tricorder Project Pt 3

After transferring the sticker to an acetate, I had it photocopied as I will need one as a template to cut the holes for the LEDs. Initially, I wanted to cut the whole fascia but after seeing how weak the plastic was, I changed my mind. Not only that, there were some problems such as screw holes which was moulded into the plastic area concerned.

Cut the template out carefully, and then stick
some double-sided tape underneath. Now go
and position the template onto the plastic and
make sure you know which side is up. He he.

This is the problem I am going to face. First is, when
I cut the hole for the five horizontal LEDs, I would be
affecting the area where the green switch is sitting. So
I would need to use some strong glue to replace the
broken plastic that was used to secure it. Second, see
the red wires all rolled up there? I would be removing
this plastic pillar too. And this will be bad news because
its the pillar used by one of the screws to secure the
toy Tricorder. In fact, the second pillar in the middle
would be cut as well. This is going to be very difficult.

Once again, this is another picture to see how cramped
the circuit must be. If I want to do this properly, I will
have to use Surface mount components which is very
expensive since I would be making only one prototype

No comments: