Of Wireless mouse and Leather casing

Belated post[03.11.2009 11:08]

I had some packages delivered to me yesterday while I was out. There were supposed to be three items but I made a mistake of clocking too fast for a mouse. I should have clicked two items instead of one. Months of planning and saving lost. And because of that, I think I lost close to about RM4.00.

And so, as usual, Customs check my stuff in case
I am importing fluff, dirt or foreign air.


The Wireless Mouse.
I have been waiting for a long time for another Wireless mouse. Actually, it was intended for my Dad's new Lenovo (but by now, its quite old. Hey, I need time to save up, OK?) The reason why I chose to purchase from the Internet was because of the huge range of wireless mice offered over here. You can choose different colours, manufacturers, the soft or ribbed scroll wheel and even the shops to by from. But you could not chose the size of the transceiver, the optional side forward/backward buttons and the price.

And so, this is the mouse I got. The first to arrive
was the red version. The black one's for my Dad
but I'll let him choose when the time comes. You
even get to have the limited manufacturer edition
of the NACOON Super Alkaline battery.


Compared to my current yellow mouse, the red
version is much more superior with its ribbed
scrolling wheel, the soft buttons which saves
hundreds of joules of energy on your fingers.
And the smooth factory red which matches
your blood in case you accidentally cut your
hand removing the small transceiver underneath.

Now you see why I wanted one? This is because in
in a working environment, all it takes is just one
clumsy push and the USB port is gone.
Cheap if you have a PC but expensive and time
consuming if yours is a Notebook.


New Nokia 5800 Leather Case
OK, so now I have to eat my own words again. After the nasty screen crack incident, I now have resorted to using a case with a cover. Yes, I will be one of those fancy wancy people now. But it does have its practicality, which, I show you later on. On the Website, it was claimed to be real leather and so, not remembering the last time I used real leather (except my belt), I bought it for USD9.99. And after less than two weeks, it arrived on the same day as my first Wireless mouse.

Holding on to the envelope, I was surprised
it was very small. Maybe I was so used to
thinking my Nokia 5800 was huge.

And best of all, they also gave me a free screen
protector and a screen wipe. Try buying them
in Malaysia and you'll know what I mean.

Opening the casing, I was suprised to see how simple
it was. The black brackets were sold as protective
snap-on covers a few months back on the Internet.
Here, it is glued on to the leather. Ingenious! I should
have thought of that and do a DIY case. But then, I
do not have the skill to outrun a live cow.

There. Installed in just seconds! It has a very
nice feeling, making the phone feel as if its a
very expensive item indeed. But here, there's
a small problem. If you need to charge the
phone or plug in the headphones, you'd have
to open the flap. If I had seen the "Warehouse
13" much earlier and got hooked with the
Farnsworth device, I would have selected a
casing that opens up like a book. Oh well.


And so, I'll miss this belt pouch. Still, I will
keep it in a box when maybe, I might need
it later. This one costs me RM10.00. Ten
years ago, this would have cost me RM40.00.
Just like the Leather casing, both uses magnets
to secure the flaps instead of buttons. Why I
do not like buttons is because you'd be opening
the flaps everytime and sooner or later, the
catch will come off in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, I might have to make another
holder since the current one fits the phone's
wraparound casing. For the leather one, it is
a bit too big. So I'll have to wait until the we
have some renovation job as there is where
the scraps come it. Or maybe, I could look
for some myself..........

In the meantime, I guess it just have to lie on
the cavity next to the gears. Ironically, to be
exact, next to the gear lock which cracked the
screen in the first place.


How to use the Nokia 5800 Leather case
The Nokia 5800 has a handsfree function where you can shout at it and listen to its speaker if you are Bluetooth-challenged. And because of the strong magnets hidden within the leather casing, the handsfree can be used in almost all places.

You can use it on a car provided you have secured
the brakes or the car belongs to you. It is not a good
idea to use it on a taxi or a bus as they do not allow
passengers to hang out of their windows as decapitated
passengers do not pay money. And certainly not on
any moving high speed vehicles such as a submarine,
a rocket, bullet trains and even airplanes where
the user will not be covered by Insurance.

They can replace your casing but not your Life.

You can even use it on a fridge provided no one
swings the door open at more than 30Kmh.


A microwave is a good idea for Chefs who are
multi-tasking. But make sure its not turned on


At night where you need to chat and still hold your
drinks, this will give you a third hand in case the
radiation from the microwave above failed to
mutate your head.


But best of all, the girls loved it and luckily,
neither of them have figured out how to use
the flaps to slap each other in the face.

No comments: