Nokia Maps ver 3.0

Ever since I got the 5800, I really do feel that the built-in GPS feature is the best thing since JJ Abram's 2009 Star Trek. But there is a problem in the software. In order to have those fancy voice guidance like you see in the Garmin, you have to pay money for the service. Not that I am not complaining but there are some features, which I do not like to pay for as I feel that they should be free to the Public just like those tourist Maps, Yahoo!/Google Mail.

Anyway, in order for me to use this feature, I have to activate the 7-day trial license or something which I do not want to. Despite numerous times it asks me to go online to the shop, I refused. And so, this marvelous OVI Maps will stay as it is. Nice to look at, though. Thanks but no thanks.

The OVI is quite a decent GPS software but
it still needs a lot of effort in order for it to
become user friendly. But one thing which is
very pleasant is that the landscape changes
when you move, and with minimum jerks

Since I did not activate the trial license, I am
limited to being a red dot on the screen. Which
is fine with me because this time, the dot stays
while the screen moves compared to the last
version which was just the opposite.

Oh, BTW, this is how I managed to use the
new leather case on the previous metal
holder. All done with magnets.


This is a screenshot feature from the Maps
although its nighttime, the clouds are still
showing its daytime. This is the screenshot
of the route I took on while using the DUKE
Highway. Yes, it does not exist.


And it just hangs there. I had
to close the program and open
it again where it updated the
screen once we're on familiar
road.

No comments: