Real men don't emote

I gave my 90 days,
And he sat dazed

You could see his face,
He's broken in every place.

We faced, in the cold silent tomb,
Which no one wants to be there.

And Real Men don't emote. They just sat and stare.

In the fidgeting quiet,
We forced ourselves to chat.

He knows the Good Times are up,
And reveals our broken rice cup.

Shook my hand, he said, "Thanks."
I told him why, he understands.

Real Men don't emote. We carry on with the Route.

T'is a sinking plank but I helped it float.
We can go so far, but its no boat.

We are sad and he's speechless. But not mad.
Shook my hand once more, and says, "Thank You for your time."

"First time I felt your hands." as we still shook,
"Its rough, for we toiled like men.", I choked.

Real Men don't emote, even if he lost Hope.

We sighed and sighed,
Lots to say, but my mouth is dry.

Finally, his tooth aches he wants to go.
So do I but I feel so low.

Leaving the Captain, lost in the Horizon,
I looked back, with pain and emotion.

Because Real Men don't emote, we parted silently.

And let's be hush-hush to confuse the wolves
I was your pillar, now I am your Achilles Heel.

I want to run. I want come back.
But its not April 1. Its my Career or my two Kids.

I want to cry, I can't let go.
I want to apologise, but I must be bold.

Alas, I am not one as Real Men don't emote.

1 comment:

Nex said...

Hey sorry it had to come to this, but you knew it had to be done...

Hope you'll have a better future wherever you're going...

If you need any help at all just ask ok?