The Rehearsal

Belated post[01.11.2009]

This is the first of the two concert rehearsals which Kristine needs to attend before the actual even this coming Saturday. And so, we have to make sure she is at the hall by 1300. Which is fine but unfortunately, there were no programs about the rehearsal and by the time it was underway, a lot of children were hungry, including Kristine.

Kristine was the first in her group to arrive.

I like the design of the school. The whole
area doubles as a school and a big covered
sports hall. So, children can play even if its
raining outside. Great design.


A few minutes after one, all the students start to
trickle in. I did not need to go out but I do know
that its chaos out there with parents blocking
the road while they take their kinds inside. I was
nearby in case Kristine felt nervous. Children do
tend to do that when in a new place eventhough
their parents are around.

Less than 15 minutes later, the hall is packed and
she is looking very cheerful after most of her
classmates have arrived. Now, all the students
have to wait for the teachers to start the event.

But fifteen minutes into the waiting period, something
was wrong as she was not smiling anymore. Kristine
looked as if she was about to cry. When I came to her,
she said she was hungry. Then I realised that in our
hurry to get here, I did not see her eat anything.

So I rushed to the 7-11 which I
noticed when we passed by and
I got her some buns and Slurpee


And guess what? While she was eating, her
class was already on stage. Without making
it worse, we waited until she finished eating
and I asked the teachers if she could go on
stage. Once she said yes, Krsitine was led to
the front of the stage.


Because the food has not kicked in, Kristine
looked very gloomy and unsure. Eventually,
she was led to the back of the stage.


After their rehearsal, her class was given some
water and a small bun. But since Kristine had
eaten, she refused the bun, much to Kaelynn's
dismay. But her class was wondering how come
she got Slurpee instead of plain water........


By now, the sugar in the food has kicked in
and she is starting to be mischevious.

And so did her whole class. Someone took a violin
and opened it up where everyone was about to
start playing with it. Luckily, the teacher was
able to stop them, Because I am not going to pay
for that violin if its broken. No, siree.

By this time, the sky was getting darker due to
the heavy rain clouds and so, we asked if we
can take her home which the teacher said yes.
And so, we went to MacDonalds where I had
a one burger-less Big Mac. Its been more than
a year since I had one and this was something
to remember. Ha ha ha ha
.
OK, OK. After I showed it to the counter,
they slapped the meat and some lettuce.
As usual, the Big Mac went all over my hand


Yum yum

No comments: