Line down! Line down!

By around half-past two I have seetled the problem of the "blue screen" on the Notebook, which I suspect was due to the halfway downloading of the Windows update stuff. And so, since it was a Saturday afternoon, I decided to go back home.

And halfway, I got a call from the customer who asked me to come over because their phone lines were out. I told them I would be coming before four (since I was already halfway home and wanted to have something to eat anyway). I hated going to that area after office hours since it was all jammed up. But luckily, it was not. The streets were clear of cars and there were no obstruction.

Turns out that not only was their ISDN line
out, so were
their analogue lines, fax and
Internet connections. I asked them to call
Maxis again since
all the lines were from
them
and I have checked everything and
not to take the usual,
"But the lines are fine from our office" crap.

After that, I was deciding whether to visit Miniature Hobbies to have a look at some plastic models but I decided not to push my luck. Moreover, it rained heavily minutes after I got back.

No comments: