Almost there........

Its not easy concentrating on anything when your foots swollen and in pain. What with the girls running around, causing mischief and grief everywhere really slowed down my progress. But anyway, with this month's salary, I was able to purchase more components and add them to the boards. And so, as the design goes, it has four Navigation and Strobe modes for each different Enterprises, from the TMP, ST:VI, NX-01 and the 2009 JJPrise. And after doing the cables, and all ready to do a test run, problems started:

There is a design flaw as there was insufficient current
from the transistors for the LEDs. I have to change the
resistor value (red pentagon) as the REd leds are taking
so much current that the other LEDs have gone dim.
This would mean changing that resistor for all the PCB
boards. Haih. And it worked perfect during prototyping

Well, at least its working now, and I am going
to leave it overnight to see how things are. I
noticed the voltage regulator is quite warm,
something which did not happen during my
prototyping stage. Maybe its because the
room I was in was air-conditioned.

No comments: