Spongebob Nopants

You know, this is one of those essential items when I need to do some soldering. This is a hard sponge which allows you to wipe off excess solder from the soldering iron tip. Of course, you need to give it a few drops of water so that the iron does not burnt it. There is a proper amount of water you can put because if you put too much, you soldering iron would lose a lot of heat. And because its on a tray, I always lose them when I travel around seeing customers.

But now, all that has changed.


This is a new RM2.00 sponge which took me
three years to get as I always forget about it
when I was at Pasar Road.


You put two drops of water

Then another. See how it greedily eats up
the water and expands


And another

And someother

And more after

Until it is fully expanded. But when it is
dry, it will not shrink back to its original
size. This is its final shape.

And so, I do not have to use wads of damp
tissue paper which always get dry too fast.
And when you knock it, bits of solder inside
would drop about everywhere.

No comments: