Gutting the Power Force 5's Reverb

My head is spinning like crazy today as I had to do a lot of thinking for some pulse ammo counter. The reason is that most of the ICs I required were not available and so, it was a stupid exercise of buying the chip, then told it was not available, go home and redesign and repeat until I have the chips. But usually, by the time I got the chip I wanted, the other is not available and so, I have to repeat the who damn thing again. It is not their problem as these chips are very old and nowadays, they no longer in use, even in fatories as most of them are ASICs or just plain microprocessors.

I mean, who needs logic gates anymore?

Anyway, I needed to unwind my brain and so, I decided to take the Reverb apart. This was the toy I bought a few days ago and well, for that price, the design was well worth it. (It has to be because no one accepts refunds for change of taste). I had tot ake it apart to see if my plans for lighting it up works or not. Also, I wanted to remove the pair of bonnet cannons which, lately, was very very annoying because they tend to pop up on every accidental bump or bonnet lifts.

As I laying staring at it for minutes, hoping for some
inspiration to kick me in the butt to change the front,
it never came and so, I did the next best thing; I took
a photo of it so that I can remind Inspiration to do her
job the next time round.

The first thing you need to do is to remove the
chassis. All you have to do is to concentrate on
the 10 little screws.

And there you have it. When you open it up
yourself, just keep your temper in check that
you have been ripped off paying RM70.00
for a RM25.00 toy.

I have no idea why they want to put a flap
around the smoke visor. Then I reasoned to
myself that this is probably due to the cost
of making a proper cabin for the toy. And
yes, the windshield is transparent.

And here you go, the irritating twin cannons.
It need only three screws to secure it onto
the chassis while the body needed 10. Weird.

What you're seeing here is actually the cabin.
You can make your own cabin as this toy is
about 1/24th in scale. So, get two car seats
and you're in business. However, not many
people are interested in the cabin unless you
can make it slide out like the 1989 Batmobile.

OK, the main thing I want to do with this car is
to drill out the fifth slit to serve as headlights.

Well, this is going to be a bit of a problem because
there are supporting pillars meant for the screws
coming from the chassis itself. Bummer. But I am
confident it can be overcome........

No comments: