Starfleet Assembly Manual 4

Finally, I've gotten it scanned. Its a 1982 book which details how you can make the AMT/ERTL 1/537 plastic kit of the Starship Enterprise NCC-1701/A look more accurate. And this was the time before Internet and Photo-etch parts. When it came out, it was THE book for anyone looking to turn their crap into something much palatable to the eyes.

When I was in the UK, the book was always sold out and until one day, in my first Con in Sheffield, I found the book and boy, its like reading CineFex (in its early days, la) where all the secrets and techniques are opened to you. everything is in there, from the electronics to sanding smooth the surface to even scratch building out the details.

But alas, it was also very daunting for a kid like me whose idea of paining a model kit involves using only a brush, even for a military tank. And also, I guess this is also the start of me buying stuff and shelving it away after doing bits of it, and hoping to return in the near future.


And so, 60 pages and 101MB later, its all digitized.

So, Brucie, baby, you want or not?

No comments: