AlanTam's Bak Gua

Its that time of the year again and AlanTam is selling bak gua for charity. I know he is a very busy person, what with his work in the Hospital and all but I was very grateful for it. OK, for those who do not know AlanTam, it is his nick in the Forums where I go to. So, AlanTam aka Ahlun aka eggtart, etc is not related to Alan Tam of Hong Kong.

Every year, I get mine from him and its delicious. Also, because its for charity, I do not mind buying them. For RM35.00 for one pack (500 grams, I think) it is a good bargain too. Also, because of the coming Chinese New Year, the prices are going near to RM90.00 for a one Kilo pack. However, this time I am cutting back and not order so much, not because of the money but its just the reality of it all is that its too much even for everyone in the house.

Anyway, I met him around 10-ish and from his very own words, "I am not sure if its nice or not this time as I ate a slice when I was very hungry. And when you're hungry, everything tasted nice".

And this year, apart from my Boss, his friend was
also interested in it too. I shudder to think how
many I would have to carry next year. Ha ha ha

And so, there are 13 packs like this. But this time,
all of us preferred pork to chicken.

Somehow, at the back of my mind, I am wondering if he ever wanted to expand this into a business and start to sell other stuff too, like crackers and mandarin oranges. I mean, just for Chinese New Year, la.

Update: The packs were opened the next day and as usual, the meat was soft and delicious. Unlike the hard slices my Mom bought earlier on. Still, what do I know about food?

All I know are that his are the best in my book.

No comments: