Home Alone

What a nice little Saturday! Wife is away for some Headmistress's daughter's wedding, my brother has gone to Mid-Valley to repair a Laptop while the rest of the family has gone out for lunch. which leave me being.... yes, you guessed it, HOME ALONE! Woo Hoo!

I have a lot of things to do but with everything else stashed away for the coming Chinese New year, which by coincidence, removes 99% of the items on my to-do list. Oh well, I guess World Domination and Buxom-girl Slavery will just have to wait.

For the first time, this is the only time which I have the
chance to 'play' with four Laptops in one go..... oh, and
listening to some MP3 from my Linkstation NAS

First thing first. Lunch. for a healthy meal, you
will need a lot of carbohydrates. So, here I am,
boiling some pasta, with some salt and oil added.
Don't ask me why the salt is needed. If my Wife
said so, then it is needed.

When I saw the leftover brown rice, it was already
too late since the pasta was already cooked. So, I
just added some bak gua to it.


When it comes to my 'special' dishes, the onions
never fails to bring out the flavours. In fact, most
of my improvised dishes usually taste of onions,
or garlic or something else which I am not sure is
something of this Earth. But this time, I am going
to add some tomatoes just in case it really sucks.

Once everything is ready, you just put it in.

Lastly, the hot pasta. I left it a little bit longer so
that it will soak up all the soup and taste better.
(OK, so I was a bit preoccupied with the photo
taking and they dried up unexpectedly.)


Don't forget to add some MGS pepper and some
mild chili powder too. This not only complements
the chicken stock but also masks the possible
heavy tinge of metal coming from the pot. I know
iron is good for you but not in this form.

Finally, stir the whole bowl clockwise five times with the
chopsticks and then counter-clockwise five times to, well,
untangle the chopsticks and you're ready to eat.

And don't forget that handy pack of ENO in case everything goes wrong....

No comments: