1/35 Landwasserschlepper

You know what? This is an ugly piece of machinery. If I had the chance to buy it, I would not. And if I had the chance to use it to run over cars in traffic jams, scare the cows and then escape through the nearest pond/river, I would not. If this was an Opposite Day, I won't even recognise it.

The Landwasserschlepper was actually a German Amphibious Tractor to be used by the Engineers. It was only produced in small numbers due to some manufacturing problems but was proved to be very effective for towing barges and ferrying supplies during low tides.

Alas, for me, initially, it was a horrible vehicle. It really looked like a school bus for army kids. But during the Sale, the price was so attractive, I got one. I could have bought two but then, I would get killed when I reached home. The reason why I got this was the idea in my mind to covert it into a rusting hunk of iron where some industrious fella used it for commercial purposes.

Again, this is from Hobby Boss. And the nearest
competitor is Bronco. But after seeing a few kits
from Hobby Boss, they are quite decent.

There are a lot of parts for this model and when
you open the box, you are will not be disappointed.


It even comes with individual track links, plus
a jig that lets you glue them realistically.

And for the attractive price its asking, the model is... big.
Its like going into a Toy store in 2012 and finding a rare
2007 toy at 50% while Mommy is not looking...


And so, you can guess the next stage where this is going, right?

No? OK,its going into the 'to-do' bin until I am free to tackle this. Hey, job comes first, right? Right?

2 comments:

kuman said...

wahahah.. this is the first time i saw people use their feet as a measurement to compare the kit size.. ahhaha ..i used to see people compare it to lighters but your feet... ahhaha... which reminds me to get one of this ugly...landseliper...schlepper...

CFC said...

Heh. I ran out of Coke cans, ma...