IKEA's Stralande

After so many months, its now or never. I bought this from IKEA after reading Suanie's blog about it. Its a bit pricey to me but I'll explain a bit later. Anyway, after much thinking about it, I bought it on the last Family's trip the The Curve. Its amazing I had not bought anything else because there were so many things in there...

Anyway, I like to eat garlic and when it comes to chopping them, I am practically useless. What I do is to peel them off, then cut them in long strips before turning them into mini cubes. For my Wife, she just use the chopper's flat blale to whack the garlic and then chop them as if there was nothing to it...

For RM29.00, this is what you get. It more or less fits into the hand quite well.

And the beauty of the Stralande lies in this shaped blade which cuts in a very unique way

You can take the cover off to wash the blade but remember this, its very sharp especially at the corner edges.

First, I used this much onions but it does not work that way since I did not RTFM either. After some trial, you have to put in a little bit less.

Ah, my wonerful helper who will now demonstrates how the Stralande works.

With every downward push, the blade will cut your... things. Once you release the top, the blade will rise aaaaannnndddd, rotates! Then when you push the top down, it will chop and then rise and rotate and so on! This is wonderful! After a few more presses, the garlic/onions are chopped.

Yum-yum!
Mysteriously, my Stralande disappeared after this and so, I have to use the knife again....

No comments: