20240712 The Myopic Huawei P10Plus

I got my Huawei P10Plus in sometime in 2017, which has just passed 7 years by a little over a week. And By now, it has taken about XXX pictures and videos. That's about YYY GB worth of Data (I have to fire up my old PC to check the ddetails). It has gone through a battery change and just recently, a screen replacement. It is constantly by my side all the time.

And today, the camera has start giving me problems. It could not focus and if the Huawei was a human, its symptoms would be that it has suddenly gone short-sighted. For the Camera aficionado, the Huawei suddenly has a fixed focus lens but without the bokeh.

I went to the PRO mode to test the manual focusing, where the controls were responding but not the lens. I restarted the Phone but it did not improve the situation. At this time, I was more worried than annoyed since my backup phone is a bare bones Samsung Galaxy J2Pro. I am so spoiled by the Huawei, the shots from the Samsung could never be as good.

 

It was at this moment, 12th of July, 2024 10:00:27 in the morning, that I noticed the Camera module was unable to focus, except to about 8 inches or so.

Turning to the Internet for help, this fella suggested to let the phone fall flat in front. I tried it and it worked. But the problem is not solved by a long run. Every shot I took, I have to check for blurriness which I'd have to re-take AFTER I let the phone fall flat again and again.

 

No comments: