20240812 Servicing VeeChai or how my MyVi is deteriorating.

 So, I finally got the chance to service my car. Of course I can go to Perodua next door but based on the fact where I am working, it is both expensive and silly. We have hoists and I have bought the necessary Engine Oil and stuff. All I have to do is to wait for the day's cars to be completed and the appropriate permission.

Unfortunately, we could not change the Automatic Transmission Filter as the Oil which I had was not with me.

Underneath, there is a lot of oil which (after much Googling) I surmised it has something to do with the oil filter's adaptor housing. Or rather, its gaskets are failing. So, I would have to get this part ready as doing this before the next oil change would cost me another 4 litres of engine oil. I just hope I am right on this.

It's also time to change the front tyres. I cannot rotate them as they're too far gone. And they're just two and a half months shy of two years.

This time, I am lining the rubber gasket with a little bit of engine oil.

And I am sticking back to Perodua's brand as the one from Saudi Arabia is no longer being imported. That 10Km Engine Oil consistently lets me feel the power and the lightness of the car right up to the next oil change.

 

No comments: