20240819 That trailing off irritation

 One of the things I hate and which is becoming more common is the trailing off. I am not sure as to why but this is quite annoying to me. For example, after a meal, I would ask how much is the total bill and the guy goes:

Me: Bro, kira
(kira = please, my kind Sir, I would like to know your compensation for cooking this delicious meal in your kind establishment)

Bro: It is RM9... (mumble)

Me: OK, here is RM9 ringgit

Bro: No, its RM9.20

ME: (WTF) I didn't hear you say that 20 sen!

Bro: Sorry, sorry.

This is a very bad move because to me, that fella is trying to cheat. Imagine what would have happened if I gave him a RM10 note and only to receive coins back. This small thing can add up over time, say, by the end of the day, you would have 'lost' a few Ringgit.


So, the next time, I would shout back, "RM9 is it? You tell me it is RM9, right?"

No comments: