Car Park Menace @ KL SOGO


Now, they're using another tactic.
They will wait at the entrance and "guide" you to an empty parking lot
You will assume they are part of the Sogo Car Park staff.



Once you "obey" their instructions, they will cooly walk over to you and make a killing

Man: There. There, park next to Volvo
Me: OK, (no choice since I was rushing for an appointment)


Seconds later, after I parked my car and I was still in it, he walked towards my car

Man: Boss, want to buy this? (Showing me the spray cans in his bag)
Me: No. This is not my car le (bluff him a bit so he lose interest)
Man: This spray good (He then take out and spray on my wiper
Me: WTF! HEY! I TOLD YOU THIS IS NOT MY CAR! THIS IS MY BOSS CAR! HOW CAN I EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM!
Man: Ok, OK. Keep quiet la, you don't have to shout! Just a spray only
Me: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN? LOOK AT THIS! THIS IS OIL! HOW CAN YOU SPRAY THAT TO THE CAR!
Man quickly walks away. And I walked away too, but at the distance to take his photo.


I wonder why KL SOGO allows these type of people there. All year round, they will park their red van and then start selling their spray to these customers. One day, they might get aggressive and the customer has no choice but to buy in case something happens to their car while they're away. The spray smells like WD40 but there is no telling what it would do to your car parts. And if something goes wrong, would SOGO be responsible since the parking receipt has their name?

The place not only has these people selling sprays, but sometimes, you can meet the odd guy selling watches. At one time, these "spray guys" were not around and were replace with guys selling car security plates to prevent break-ins. Yeah, you're right. What the hell. If they can demonstrate how to break into your car, and they know how to install these plates, it would still not reinforce your confidence about parking over there.


And I paid RM8 for this afternoon's experience

No comments: