S&M Arcade

So, here we are, at the S&M Arcade. There is a reason why I needed to go there today, after our Wesak Day at Brickfields. You see, I received an E-Mail which tells me that there is a huge Clearance Sale in S&M Arcade as the new owner wants all the stalls vacated by 15th May.

I needed to find if its true or not since another source has verified my news. Also, there is a History for me because when I was still schooling, I used to go to Kota Raya next door and eventually, S&M Arcade. Whatever anime stuff I needed, it was there. VCDs, CDs and also DVDs, its there. And after that, I can go across the street to Petaling Street. Such was my weekly Saturday activty, which starts from Pasar Road to Sungei Wang to Kota Raya and Petaling Street (by walking, la). So now, after this weekend, there would be no more S&M Arcade. This would be my last visit to that place. And like always, I still did not get even one DVD. So sad.

(After speaking to one of the sales assistant in there, the story is that: The original owner wants the building back, and whatever their plans are, they do not want these shops in there. So, everyone is trying to clear their stocks and recoup as much as they can as they're not sure where they will end up. Some already have their own shops, though)

OK, this is the place. And the name S&M has nothing to
do with the OTHER S&M, OK?


This is the entrance to the Basement Level
Already, you can see a lot of activity there


Young girls and women all busy buying up their
favourite Korean VCDs while the boys and men
went to the Anime DVDs


It was really really crowded and the notice is there


Here you go, they're moving to 31, Jalan Petaling
in Chinatown


Price reduction from RM99 to RM39 is too good to resist.
But unfortunately, everyshop has their own long lines of
customers waiting to pay. So, I had to give up and join up
with my Wife on the First Floor


And on the First floor, some of the stalls have closed
Customers are buying stuff left, right and centre


Cutesy stuff, that is


But some, has no customers at all


But this large shop that sells a lot of those
"Made in China" stuff are doing brisk business


Get what you want and get more what you need
No one cares if everything falls to the floor
Because its 50% off on all things!


I've waited for this cigarette lighter for almost 5 years
But I was a bit too late to get the blue ones. Sadly, this
was the last lighter which I was lucky to find, under the pile


On the Third Floor, the Supermarket is already in a bad state



The shelves are slowly being emptied








Whetever that is not being sold,
is being cleared


Just like these shelves


"Thank You. Please come again"


On our way back, eventhough its raining the "lekor" stall
is still there. Normally, the lekor are sold in thick strands but this stall
sells them in another version, the thin crispy version.


Yeah, the rain was heavy. See the river swelling?

No comments: