Storm at Section 17, PJ

It was raining normally from where I was in Kepong. After we locked up, I decided to go to Section 17, Petaling Jaya for some errants (and also to see Unker Ho for the Clone Wars Vol 2. cartoon. heh heh heh). I was taking the Damansara Toll route since I dropped by earlier at 1-Utama to kill some time. By the time I turned into Section 17, it was quite dark.

There were a lot of cars and amazingly, a lot of fallen leaves on the road. This is a bad sign.

And on both sides of the road shoulders, tree branches were everywhere. Thinking nothing about it, I decided to complete my errants first. Only then when I got out of the car, things seemed much worst. The roofs in some houses were gone, and there was no electricity in a lot of them too. Turning to the back lanes and some streets, authorities were busy cutting away fallen tree branches.

But the funny thing was, once I came out of Section 17, everything seemed normal. You can see some of the devastated houses here on The Star.

No comments: