For Captain Kirk

Last Saturday, I did have some free time after all that outstation travelling and all, and deicided to scoot over to Pasar Road. The Enterprise 1701A Lighting project has stalled for a bit, because for the past few months, I had to settle some of my debts before I could do anything else. But now, I am almost in the clear.

Anyway, there was good news when I went down this time. There is a new shop which sells Electroluminescent wires and also Cold Cathode Fluorescense (CCFL)!!!

The price for them are quite reasonable and once you know how cheap they are, you might want to get a bat and hit the 6th Floor Sungei Wang guy on the head. I have not had the chance to try the CCFL out for myself but in the shop, it was impressive. Also, this shop does white EL too. I was so happy, I bought the cables outright even though they were demos. But the new stocks are coming in a few weeks time.

The young chap allowed me to do this because I knew his Dad and always go to his shop in Pudu Plaza.

Anyway, the idea is to used the CCFL for the nacelle when it goes to Warp and use the Blue EL when it is not into Warp. But maybe, use the White EL instead of the Blue and then get a purple filter for that UV look on the grilles.


This is a 12" CCFL which is quite cheep cheep
And does not go blink blink when started

No comments: