I need more RAM!

Years ago, having 128MB of RAM while running Windows 98SE was enough. Then, I had it increased to 384MB, which gave me a piece of mind and speeded up my work. When Windows XP came, my Toshiba Notebook ran like a strong mule with four amputated legs. The problem was, although the Notebook can accept up to a maximum memory of 1GB, the RAM modules, which comes in a maximum of 512MB size only, are now very very obsolete. And to buy one now, would have cost a lot. For example, a Kingston 512MB SO-DIMM PC133 memory is now selling about RM500 or thereabouts and if I need one, they would have to order it for me. A
current 512 DDR would have cost four times less.

Heck.

So, anyone has these kind of memory that they do not want? I have to search for used RAMs now. Even Lelong.com.my does not have them anymore. But I am now trying on eBay.com.my, though. Before going to Low Yatt where I have to fork out RM400 or more.


Memory............ I forget

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you want to upgrade your laptop by getting SODIMM SD-RAM, I can say that it is not worth to spent the amount of money (RM400+) on it, because as we knew that every electronic device had it life span, how many year do you think your current laptop still can survive? Unless you can get 2nd hand/nth hand SODIMM SD-RAM in cheap price else I don't think it is worth to get a new one.

However if you are willing to fork out for the amount RM400~500 just to get the SODIMM SD-RAM, I might advice you to get a new laptop, currently "Shitty" bank "SIAO" credit card had a promotion, once you apply for the card, you are eligible to buy a RM950 laptop(include RM150 delivery fee), I believe the spec should be far more better to run winXP smoothly then your current one, and if want to get more RAM, it should be more cheaper, (not sure is DDR or DDR2, but confirm cheaper then SD-RAM), you just get the card, use the card to buy the laptop, then cancel the card, simple, right?

But better ask more detail about the term and condition, not sure whether got hidden condition or not.

CFC said...

Yes, I agree with you as well. This is the unfortunate problem with obsolete technology, especially with PCs.

Its sort of like the penalty you'd have to pay for not getting them in the first place