Cabling Problem

This was our latest customer, who is about to move in soon. The reason we delayed laying the cables was that they did not give us the floor plan until the last minute and not only that, the tiles were not laid for the rest of the floors. Anyway, after seeing the last customer, I dragged my other technician with me to check out our "cabling team"......

Me: Wei, how's it going?

Cable team: OK, Boss.

Me: I heard you had to buy another roll of telephone cable and Network cables?

Cable team: Yes. The shophouses are quite long and not only that, we had to pull them direct back to the second floor. So Boss asked to buy the cables at *** as they're cheaper than the one you bought.

Me: Sigh. OK. Anyway since we're here, let us help you (The cables I bought were of higher quality and can last through all these pulling and abuse amongst the floors when being laid. They were "full copper" cables)

Cable team: Ok, Boss.

After much Pull, pull, force, force, kneel, climb, etc., later, we finished most of the floors and the cable team was about to clean up.

Me: Wei, What happened here?

Cable team: Wa had to clean up the cables around here lor

Me: They broke the wall, right? And then removed a lot of the cables?

Cable Team: yeah

Me: Last minute changes. Sigh.


The broken wall

We had to leave the cables in the holes since the tiles are not done

When the broke the wall, the almost broke everything

Even the junction box were not spared

Nor were the cables


Me: Hey, the cables underneath here are wet!

Cable team: Yeah, they're wet (I hate this when they don't tell me stuff until I find it myself)

Me: Weeks from now, we're going to have problems

Cable team: Yep

Me: And I am going to push the problem to you! You should have told me about the wetness!

Cable team: Gulp

No comments: