Crispy Prawn Chilli

Sometimes, I think I love sauces more than the food itself. I realise this at one time when there were some food laid on the table and the only thing that came to my mind was what kind of sauce would be perfect for it. And then, I would go looking for that sauce in the kitchen. Then, when going shopping, I would (sometimes) scour the sauce section for that "perfect" chili sauce or something else. When I do get it, I would eat it a lot, sometimes by itself and sometimes with the food.

And two years ago, it was the worst. Practically everyday, I must have black pepper. And not the normal ones but the Sarawak Black Pepper. Black pepper with porridge, black pepper with rice, etc. until Kristine broke the pepper mill and that was that.

And now, the latest one is the crispy chili. This is the Crispy Prawn Chili from Tean's Gourmet, which I can only find in Giant supermarket and nowhere else (at the moment). Its made mostly from prawns and its great to have for almost anything. But because I have some form of allergy to prawns, after eating it i would get the occasional eye itch which I would rub until it turns red. But its a great sauce nonetheless. You can buy the small one for about RM4.59 (I think) or the larger RM8.59. But I must warn you, once you start, you can't stop, at least for me, that is.


This is the MR8.59 version which usually lasts me for a month or two

Look at the red oily sauce inside! But be warned,
you must use a dry utensil to scoop it out. And
if you put it in the fridge, it would freeze up so
you will need to thaw it out unless you want to
put it into something hot.

No comments: