Installing a Door Access system

We're to install a door access system for an IT department. Its to make sure only authorised personnel are allowed into the servers and all. I have inspected the site the day before, and it should be a no brainer except for a few minor issues.

By the time I got the crew ready, it was already mid-morning. I want to drum it to their heads to make sure every tool is ready and also the possible ports to be used. There is no point going back to the office or do a follow-up because of it. It would be a waste of time and also displays their lack of efficiency.

After a lot of security clearances, we could start our work. First of all, I explained (again) to my crew how the cables are to be laid. Then, the next step would be to install the system itself followed by the necessary wall drillings for the keypad access and switches. Then the last step, which is most time consuming, would be the installation of the door access unit which must be precisely mounted so as to "catch" the door and hold it all the time.

We worked until almost three where we stopped for a quick lunch break before continuining the remaining tasks which is to connect everything and make it run. As for me, I could almost do nothing once the supervison job is done. All I can do is to sit back and watch them go at it, with the occasional drawings or sketches to keep my mind occupied. OK, the real reason why they kept me away was because I was either obstructing them or doing it too slow. Ha ha ha ha.

Anyway, by the time we finished and i got home, it was already half-past six where wife wanted me to drive her to the City to look for some books which Kristine vandalised.

I noticed that my tech's driving position is very close to the
steering clumn, almost hugging it. And his gear changes, ah
its worse than me. But since I am taking the back seat the
whole day, I just have to sit back, observe and shut up

This is not a time bomb but the power supply for the door
access system. We bolted the casing to the orange bar (top)
and used the PVC pipe (tied by tie-cables) to strengthen
the whole thing since the battery (black) might sag the
box. Yeah, the IT guys do not want it touching the floor

This tiny kitten, coaxed out of hiding by my tech was not
so cute once it attacked my friend chicken. There was
something harmless yet dangerous when it started to eat.


After the break, we started to patch things up quickly.
My tech was mixing the plaster on the spot (But I am
not going to show you that photo in case one day, I
would be at your place)

And the other was left to wire things up

We have heard the lightning and saw the sky darkened
so we moved all our tools and quickly to the van using
the fastest means possible

But it was too late.........

After waiting for quite a bit, the rain slowed to a trickle
and we were on our way home. I was worried because
one of my tech using his bike as he joined us after he
has finished his service calls nearby.
I tried to fantasize how it felt to be riding a helicopter
during the Vietnam war as a door gunner. Nah, it fails

No comments: