Gardenia Delicia. Oh, ya, ya, ya!

After reading The Suan on the Gardenia bread, I decided to have a go at it. While I was in Seremban a few days ago, I found the Butterscotch retailing for RM4.00. And a few days later, at a Petronas Petrol Station, I saw another version, which was the ChocoRaisin. And next to it was the favourite Toast'ems. And then, it all came back to me. When I was working, I used to buy a loaf of Toast'ems and put them in the car, which I would eat on the way to see the customers. And so, a loaf of Toast'ems would last about a week (without going bad or still barely edible). At that time, I think it was selling for less than RM3.00. And in just a few weeks of Toast'ems and water, I lost a lot of weight. Ha ha ha.

So, the fact that I lost kilos eating Toast'ems is not entirely true

Still, that was more than 10 years ago, I think. And they have a few flavours, from apricot to bananas to apple to raisins. Now, I think only the raisin version is left. And instead, we now have the Delicia range on the streets.

This is the new Delicia Butterscotch from Gardenia.
I bought this a few days ago and yesterday, it has
mysteriously disappeared. Eaten straight from bag,
the fluffy-like bread is something new. I found the
butter but not the Scotch........


The ChocoRaisin version tasted quite nice too. It tasted like
those higher quality locally made choco cakes. But if you do
toast it, it would taste like burnt higher quality locally made
cakes. But with Toast'ems fresh or toasted, its still delicious!


Tasting Test
Naturally, I gave some to both Kristine and Kaelynn. Because the Butterscotch was finished, I only had the Chocoraisin and Raisin Toast'ems. And that preferred Toast'ems.

Kristine loved the Raisin Toast'ems

And so did Kaelynn.....

Until I realised she only wanted the raisins.......

The Better Loaf
Now, I have to decide which is the better choice since it is not possible to trust children's taste which can go either way at any time. Since I do not have a test lab nor a mass spectrometer, i would have to use a simple buttered toast and raisin count method.

The raisin content
A very simple test, which is to determine the number of raisins lodged in a slice. This test would determine the slice's ability to produce wine if it was compressed with a heavy load (such as under the steamroller). Unfortunately, since there is no steamroller nearby, a simple raisin count would do.

ChocoRaisin vs Raisin Toast'ems rasin count.
Choco wins with gazillion raisins

The Buttered toast Test
This test determines the slice's ability to withstand a vertical projection in access of 9.81 m/s and still project the correct orientation. However, to make the test more accurate, the test subject would be required to contain both slices in a vertical surface and then initiate the involuntary movement of the test subject via external forces.

In other words:
Get a bumbing fool to trip and see if the buttered bread lands on the right side up.

ChocoRaisin vs Raisin Toast'ems buttered toast test....
The closest to butter would have to be this jar of
obscenely crunchy peanut butter chunks. Both
needs to be toasted as the hardy chuncky cruchy
peanut butter tore them like paper when spreaded.

with the help of Lingams, of course

1st attempt: Choco 0, Toast'ems 0

2nd attempt: Choco 0, Toast'ems 1

3rd attempt: Choco 1, Toast'ems 0

4th attempt: Choco 1, Toast'ems 1

5th attempt: Choco 1, Toast'ems 0

6th attempt: Choco 1, Toast'ems 0

7th attempt: Choco 0, Toast'ems 0

8th attempt: Choco 1, Toast'ems 1
Conclusion
And so, the result is, (apart from a broken ankle, spilt chili sauce and some angry person who needs to clean upthe floor), the answer is obvious: I am out of my mind and I need to buy better shorts. As I have been going at Toast'ems for years, I personally prefer Butterscotch (wat? Were you thinking Toast'ems?) which unfortunately, despite its light feeling, it really makes your mouth feel as if you have swallowed some oily cotton fluff.

2 comments:

Blueyebabe said...

OMG! unbelievable & inconceivable that u play with bread!

CFC said...

Ya, because I had some time to loaf around.........