White SMT LEDs

While I was in Pasar Road, I decided to get some white LEDs that are small enough to fit into the model. The front headlamp can be drilled out and house a normal 3mm LED. But for the bike's "dashboard", it is a different story. I could force fit another 3mm LED in there but it would look out of place or it might jut out a bit too much. The problem is that the two parts (headlamp & handlebars) will glue to each other and stuck to the bike with just two pegs. This means you can see the LEDs if you peek into the crevices hard enough.

And so, the more but preferred solution is to get a SMD (Surface Mount Device) version. This is not only small enough, but would do the job if not, better. The only problem is to choose the correct size since the model part is very small.

For less than RM10, I got 10 white SMD LEDs

Using the USB connector, its very small, but good size
for the model which I will try to cast in clear resin

Testing the LED which a multimeter. Because I do not have
a tripod, you can't see the LED's incredible blinding light.

No comments: