Modifying a switch

As one of my own project is about to start, I was beset with problems of the noisy kind. Its not easy to concentrate when the girls are around. And so, trying to take my mind off things, I decided to play with some components. And so, I came across this switch which I have bought months ago. At that time, I was looking for a non-latching push-button switch and this was the ideal model. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask about the illumination part. Yes, this switch does light up. But I am not sure if its a 12 volt bulb inside there or just a normal LED.

And so, after a few naughty pulls, I got the cover off. So, its just a normal WHITE LED in there. And its soldered to a plastic holder which, I think, could be unsoldered. So, now, I can happily go to Pasar Road and look for a nice bright 3mm Red/Green LED to replace the white LED. I wanted this LED so that I can tell, at a glance, the polarity of the voltage that I need to use.......

This switch costs me about RM9.50 but the feeling you
get when pressing it, is bliss. Makes you think its really
a very robust and reliable switch. Only time will tell.

No comments: