Revoltech Protect Gear #061

Got this a few days ago, from Hong Kong and this guy ships very fast. This is the Protect Gear figure which looks like a Black German Soldier from WWII. The 12" version (from another company) costs quite a lot and so, I decided to settle for this small one instead. However, the toy shop in Amcorp Mall did not notify me when it came to Malaysia last year as promised and so, I did not know about this until I scouted eBay. At that time, I thought it was not produced at all. Heh. And here I am, complaining about the price of a RM39.90 43/4 inch Star Wars action figures..........

No only does he ship in bubble wrap, but the paper was
just enough to wrap the four sides.......

And so, the box was dented quite a bit. Then again, its
made of paper and I am not going to keep this in a glass
case or anything.

From the package, you have the figure
itself, which is painted in a combination
of matt and gloss black on PVC vinyl.
Then you have different guns and at
least three pairs of hands and the stand.
Oh, and the ammo bandolier is crap.

Not having a tripod is one thing
as its not easy to take pictures
without flash. And then, yeah,
I don't have a dedicated flash.
And so, its time to learn from
Loctor's photography lesson.

This was shot using Loctor's A4 paper and the
camera's built-in flash technique. I used this
before but with a 3M Scotch tape taped to the
flash unit year ago. Since there are no Scotch
tapes nearby..........
Anyway, see the difference? Loctor is so Pro!!!

The lighting is somewhat nice and brings out the
details of the model quite nicely. Since I took this
after dinner, all the economy rice polystyrene
containers have been thrown away and so, I can't
simulate a downcast sky.

Maybe I should have set the
White Balance to Fluorescent
instead of Cloudy. Then again,
its past midnight and I'm tired
from using my wrists as tripods


Latest news from Army Weekly:
The Budget for dyeing black uniforms
have been cut drastically along with
black boots and gas masks .........

No comments: