The Art Asylum TOS Communicator

To be honest, I still have problems accepting the Original Star Trek Series and their props. Their special effects at that time was very good but in today's standard, it was well, meh. I know the stories were good but its these effects that were really distracting me and in the end, putting me off completely.

Still, in my hands now is the TOS communicator from Art Asylum, courtesy of my brother who picked it up in Singapore. It was a bargain too because the lights do not work. Since I have nothing else better to do, I agreed to the purchase knowing full well that it would end up with me taking it apart...

And so, after taking it out from the box last night,
I solved the first problem, which is why there were
no lights. This was because of the plastic tab which
puts the toy in "demo" mode.

For a toy this size, it feels kind of light and maybe,
I suspect, they're using those button cells. But then
again, this is unlike Art Asylum who loves AAA batt

So, I was wrong, They really did use AAA batteries

And boy, after seeing this, it was a good excuse to
open it up. Then again, it is a good excuse because
Kristine is still in her Martial Arts class and so......


... so I will update this in my Website in the near future. Bye!

No comments: