Holiday in Penang Part 2

After an un-blissful night's worth of sleep, I feel like a person who has just been hit


Anyway, today is the 'last' day of our Holidays and so, we have to get our acts together since there are a lot of things that needs to be done and visit. This time, we're not going to disturb Uncle Aaron because although it is a work day and he is free, its not a nice thing to do. Besides, the OVI Maps on my Nokia n8 was quite good. (Except for the day before where it could not locate any food outlets. either that or I am still clueless about OVI maps as I was thinking of the 'Categories' feature where in Garmin, there is a search option to show you the nearest Hotel, Restaurants, etc.)

And so, everyone woke up very early and changed

Panoramic shot of the morning Sun. Luckily, there
are four buildings and not three... You pantang?


Ah, morning breakfast. Whenever I go to places such
as Hotels and the like, I would expect buffet meals. I
also expect them to be complimentary. Unfortunately,
they are not Kid friendly because we ended up paying
RM18 for the two girls. Its either that or we have to
drive out, which, even if we're using the GPS, we would
have found a place to eat our breakfast by lunchtime.

Anyway, that's just RM18.00, which is worth it for
the peace of mind. Anyway, I have to get them to
'try' almost all the food there even if they do not
like it. I mean, how do you know you don't like it
if you have not tried it?


Me? I just start with salads and all since there are
no
salmon sashimi. Then again, who eats sushi for
breakfast? Plus, we have to do DBKL duty in case
the girls can't finish their food.

After that, we rest for a while before letting the girls
change and try the swimming pool. Yes, they are
having a lot of fun.

Then I spotted the waterfall which I got the girls
to try. As this is their first experience with one, I
had to tell them what to do.

The aim is to slowly go behind the waterfall and not
let the water splash on you. After a few tries, Kristine
got it right but Kaelynn always ended up edging
towards
the water.

As we're packing up, I discovered the RM10.00 a
night
Internet connection. You can get a Network
cable from
the front counter. Which is not use to me
since all I had
was my Nokia n8.

One last shot before we check
out of the Hotel. Heck. Now I
noticed my finger...

And also one last look at the beach too. There were
a lot of beach activities such as water-scooters, para
gliding or something. But no horses.

Once everyone is full, we checked out of the hotel
and drove to our first destination, which is the
famous Penang Hill. By now, its raining...

And whoa! Must be some celebration here. This is
most probably BN's work. I was hesistant to go to
this place as it was reported that the trains had
stopped working after it reopened due to a stray
dog causing damage to the lines. Yeah, right.

Anyway, since its a first trips of sorts, I decided to
just let it go. And there was quite a queue at the
lines despite it being a weekday. Oh, and with
the price of the tickets, it'd better be worth it.

On the way to the platform, I could not help but to
take some 'we were there' photos. There were
some
models but the detailed history should not
be placed
there as everyone would be rushing
through this area
to board the trains instead of
appreciating it. Very
bad planning, I suppose. And there were no proper
lines for you to queue so in the end, everyone just
'rushed' through and onto the trains.

This is the view in the train. And yes, we're at the top,
or rather, in the front. This is quite a
surprise because
although it is a weekday,
there were quite a lot of people.

When we reached the top of the Hill, the weather was
quite
good. And so, with the rain clouds looming, I
decided to take
a few quick shots.

As this is the train that goes up the hill, it was
designed to look like that.

I just had to take this shot, OK?

More Panoramic photos from the Nokia n8

And some trick shots which, I believe,
was very popular during the last Millenium.

And at that time, there was no Photoshop or
even a computer.

By the time we decided to explore the Indian temple,
it was already starting to rain.


The rain was not very heavy, just a few drops here
and there. But because I was so engrossed with this
caterpillar, by the time I finished taking photos of
it, I had to run to the girls as they had the umbrella.


This shot took ages because we had to wait for
some Iranian guy trying to woo a girl by telling
crap stories about the cannon. I know it was a
load of crap even if I failed my History.

I had no idea why I took this shot but at that time,
they looked cute with the umbrella.


Panoramic shot from the Nokia n8.
I like this view because you can literally see the
whole of the Penang Island.

Is it just me or have I slimmed down
for
the Holidays?
Nah, must be the way I untucked my
shirt under HM's advise.


Once we had finished the Penang Hill, it was time for
us
to go home. And before that, we need to have some
lunch,
which is a bit of a problem since most of the
shops we went
were either starting to close or had
very little food since it
was a little after two in the
afternoon. In the end, using the Nokia GPS, we
located eatery at McNair, next to the wet market.
This was also the same place I had visited before,
when I was working in my first job which was
decades ago.

Finally, Wife found an Assam Laksa stall, something
which she wanted to try when we could not find the
famous Assam Laksa stall.

There is a bit of a rivalry here. You are not allowed
to order Ais Kacang or Cendol. A fine of RM1.00
will be imposed if you did.


Finally, we said Goodbye to Penang and now, its
all the way back to Kuala Lumpur. I must say,
DAP is doing a great job.

Oh, and with the girls, we had to stop a few times
here and there too. Boy, it is tiring doing just that.


And so, in a nutshell, I am not sure if its just me or Penang but I do feel that it has changed. It looked less dirty and well, everything looks as if this was an offshoot town of Singapore. Which is great.

No comments: