Chips Away

Finally, with some time to myself, I got the opportunity to get this crack sealed. The shop I went to was Chip Away instead of Glass Doctors. The reason was, when I called, said they were closed for the year and was about to go on a Holiday. Wow.

Anyway, for the same amount of cash, I got the same repair done. Just this time, and there was a no nonsense repair with some dash of serious matter-of-fact discussion. I went there earlier in the week but was told to come back when the Sun is shining as the repair depends on heat or something, and not the rain. And that's about it. Because I know nothing about these, I just had to let them do their work.

[Update: 04052012 My Aunt asked about these 'holes' from the repair because she said, in Australia, the repairs would not leave such cavities like that. After checking with the Internet, I felt quite conned.] I think I should buy a windshield repair kit from eBay the next time....
Until now, I have not applied any stuff such as Rain-X because Glass Doctors said not to and they have methods to test if I did, which would void the Life-time warranty. Oh, I am so scared...

No comments: