23012012 Chinese New Year Dinner Day 1

This is one of those dinners one must attend. Not because its important but hey, free meals, people. But seriously, with the passing of my Uncle, the mood is a bit sombre despite everyone trying to be cheerful. There is a story to looking for this place. At that time, it was very 'important' since my late Uncle likes to eat here as it was claimed that the prices are quite reasonable (OK, cheap).

The first time we looked for it was weeks ago, based on my Auntie's description which, like any directions given by strangers, we ended up nowhere. Not even the locals knew of this place. And so, on the second try, which was tonight, we decided to 'follow the leader'. See the apostrophes?

And that leader was an expert in terms of navigation. Within less than an hour, we have reached the place with me going "WTF...". This was the place literally across my old office and it will take me three times as short to reach it. By now, you would have known which route it was and in the evening, it is a very dangerous place. Other people would have used the DUKE instead.

Anyway, its Dinner with the whole Family.

So, we ate and we ate.

Then we ate some more.

In the meantime, while they ate, I ate too.

While everyone mingled, I ate again

Trust me, its for the Dog.

There was nothing special which I liked, given the mood that was still lingering but this was something I liked. Its something something fried with duck egg. And yes, we ordered it again. Twice.

All in all, the food was not bad and somehow, the bill that came later, was really reasonable.

This was the place which I passed by many times but did not really pay attention. I mean, we are the only family which would not go to 'far away' places just to get some nice food. No, sir. That would be crazy. But not my late Uncle. He goes everywhere and would know the places more than me. And he also knows where to eat and a lot of people as well. He does this all the time when he comes to KL, even when I was small. 

But in the end, all I can really say is that he is a very simple tough guy, knows how to enjoy life, be sociable and knows what needs to be done. I really miss him and his packs of Dunhills.

Guess who was still hungry?





No comments: