Sarawak Trip Day Two (Thursday)

When I arrived from Kuching last night, it was already after 7pm. So, I have no choice but to stay a night at the Hotel. One good thing was, at the airport, when I was getting a taxi, I did asked them if there were any Hotels nearby my customer's place. So, the taxi driver took me to the Hotel which is just right behind my customer. One thing I can say about Sibu town is that the main streets were quite clean and a there were not much cars. After my dinner at SugarBuns, only did I manage to walk further into the town. There was a Pasar Malam going on and most of the stuff there were not usually found in KL. Some of the stalls were very convincing. For example, they will leave a watch inside a tupperware full of water and the price tag of RM15. I nearly bought one since it was quite cheap. The main difference is this Pasar Malam was that most of the stalls catered to drinks (usually Soya Bean) and fried foods. I bought three flashing trinkets for RM2 (and I left behind two in the Hotel) where other places would be selling for RM4.90.

This morning, before going over to see my customer, I took a walk around the town again. And it was a stark contrast to the night life. The place was full of people going about their business. Before I visited my customer, I decided to pay a visit to a "well known" company who used to be a Major Dealer (in Sarawak) with my ex-company. After wasting precious time looking for the right person, the whole experience left me with a bitter taste in the mouth.

We had to rely on oustation Dealers who can arrive at our customer's doorstep first. But due to their reputation, especially where monies are concerned, we decided not to engaged them. I made this decision after I had the chance to observe how their Technical Manager tried to diagnose a simple Keyphone. Its like asking a Proton mechanic to repair your Mercedes.

After my tasks in Sibu was completed, it was time to go to the next destination. Since my flight was at 1550, I had already checked-in by 1330. However, after a long wait, the 1550 Fokker 50 flight was delayed to 1615 and eventually to 1635. This shattered my chances to trying to catch the evening flight to Miri. So, I had to stay the night in Bintulu, which means more expenses.

0830 - Had breakfast and took a walk
0930 - Visited a former dealer. Now I know why they are "former" dealers
1000- Visited two customer sites.
1550 - Flight to Bintulu was delayed to 1635
1730 - Arrived in Bintulu but customer closes at 1730
1740 - Checked in to Hotel Li Hua
1930 - Took a taxi to town for dinner and a bit of exploration as I could not find anything near the Hotel
2115 - Town was boring (not much shopping centres) so found a Cybercafe to pass the time
2215 - Taxi appointment came and went back to Hotel


The hotel room view with the swimming pool and the river
I regretted not packing my swimming trunks


Something new for breakfast, fried corned beef which is good
The Kuey Teow and Fried Rice was good too because it tasted so different


A lot of people were fishing by the river


I am not sure what this is but it looked so magnificent


And this is an equivalent of Airport for ferries.
I just forgot the term for it.


And these are some of the ferries


This is the evening view from Hotel Li Hua in Bintulu
After the rain, I went out to look for dinner


Rice with sitr fried pork and a can of Coke for RM4.00


What were you thinking?



No comments: