The Hand Scanner revisited

Many of you have asked me how I did the Hand Scanner. I will post up the pictures here and later (hopefully) give you the step by step details in my website.

First you use the Flowcode to create and simulate your
program.

Then, you use MPLAB to compile and assemble the program


And you use the PICstart Plus to burn the program into the PIC chip


Before you do anything else, test the program again,
this time in the real World


And once it is done, you wire it up carefully
And slow down on the cursing


Every now and then, test the circuit as when you have
everything stuffed inside, keep in mind of Murphy's Law

Here is a simple diagram via Google's free SketchUp on how the original
battery powered fan looked like

Again, thanks to Google's free SketchUp, you can see what I
did to the original toy. And I still have not had the chance
to paint it up
(Oh, the black stuff is the foam tape).

No comments: