Takara Soundwave Part II

I had to hide this from everyone so that I can open it in private. Months after moving to the new house, I realised that there is no privacy (unless I hide in the toilet). In the end, I had to come into the office early to inspect my ill-gotten prize and I still had to hide in the toilet. One thing to note here is that when you're in the toilet, make sure the floors are not wet and there is ample space for you to spread your things out (I mean the other things, not your thing, OK?). This is so that ther are no flowing water that sweeps your stuff into the drainhole or you accidentally dropping them into the toilet bowl. And once the area is secured, you can open your box/pizza/toy/underwear, etc. And boy, I was a bit disappointed. Because the box had no English words on them when I was at the shop except for a few words like MP3, WMA, 1GB and miniSD, I assumed that not only does it play MP3 in 128kbps, but it also accepts WMA. And stupid ol' me also believed that a 1GB miniSD memory card was included too. OK, I am now extremely disappointed. Still, I have yet to test the player and/or go to their website (www.takaratomy.co.jp). Maybe in a few months time when I have the extra cash to buy a miniSD card which costs another RM140 or so, then I would get the chance. Until then, its going to the back drawer somewhere and I hope that I will still remember it when I have some extra cash.

And the overall feeling I experienced? Its like finding a boxful of rare 1950 chewing gums (that is still edible, la) and delivered to your desk the first thing in the morning while you're celebrating your Birthday in front of your Bosses in the meeting room. Then you realised you're a Civil Servant working in Singapore, next to a Police Station.

OK, that was a bad example. How about this?
You found a RM1000 note and while picking it up, your bulging wallet containing RM3000 fell out and into the stormdrain. (RM1000 is not legal and you’d have to take it to the bank to change it)

OK, OK. This is more relatable:
Your Black belt Karate Wife and Body Building Mistress found you making out with your friend Pamela Anderson look-alike whom you drooled after like a wolf on heat for months. After they successfully taught you a lesson in fidelity, you just remembered that your friend had terminal Herpes and is going to be one very late friend soon. And you also remembered where your friend worked part-time at: A test subject at the Gorilla HIV testing lab.

You know, even if there are no miniSD cards inside, it would have been fun if Takara designed the miniSD equivalent of the micro-cassettes Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble and Frenzy just for old times sake.


Here he is, standing on my salvaged PC power supply. When fully transformed, Soundwave is quite tall. Apart from the white headphones, Soundwave comes with two extra pair of hands.


In the middle, you just slide the rectangle and out pop its head. Also, on his right shoulder,
there is a 3.5mm headphone socket where you plug in the headphones. And when you're
not using it, you can block the hole with his rocket launcher. You know, since Soundwave
only use one AAA battery, Takara could have made him a little bigger and then turn the
shoulder rocket launcher into a battery compartment instead. And when Soundwave is a
little bit bigger, then they could have put in an LCD display with a mirror-like screen just like
those new Motorola or Sony Ericsson mobile phones. And also put in one or two miniSD
transformer as well while they're at it. Anyway, just like the original Soundwave, there is an
"eject" button. In the cartoon, he will press the eject button and out comes those micro-cassette
Transformers. So, I press the "eject" button and .......... shit........... there is no miniSD card inside.



And one other little thing. Since I do not have a miniSD card, I cannot test its battery
endurance. And where the battery compartment is concerned, Takara has opted to secure the
cover with a screw. Reminds me of those cheap China made toys which have screws to secure
the battery compartment. Dammit.


Transforming Soundwave is quite easy. Just make sure you do his legs first.
But here is one part I hate about Soundwave; In order to make sure that he
stays in the MP3 player shape, Takara have used these annoying plastic tabs.
And I can tell you that if you transform him too often, the tabs would either wear
out or snap off prematurely.

No comments: