Signing on the dotted line

Jason: OK, this is what you get when you sign up. Bla.. Bla... Bla...
[Half an hour later]
Jason: Bla... Bla... Bla...

[In the background, Kristine was playing with Jason's son, his pet goldfish, turtles, electronic organ, was dancing, peeing, etc]

Me: [Zzzzz.......]
Wife:[
Zzzzz.......]
[Still much much later]

Jason: Bla... Bla... Bla...

Me: OK, where do we sign?
Jason: Bla... OK, let me get you some pens.
Me: I.. er...

[Then take out my new pen]

Wife: Wow. Your pen is heavy
Me: Yeah, I just got it today, very expensive summore
Wife: Sure of not? Your definition of expensive is off wun
Me: Yer la. Its expensive. Costs me RM89.00....
[She looks at me with those "What kind of fool waste money like that} look]
Me: ... but the lady see I so hensem, she sold it to me for RM13.00
Wife: But its so big la
Me: I like writing with big heavy pens. Makes me confident in my performance
Wife: ..................

Jason: [Comes back with two pens] OK, guys, sign here and here
.
.[Sign... sign... sign...]
.[Scribble... scribble.. scribble...]
.[Draw circles, etc.]
.
Jason: Welcome to the family! It'll be official by Tuesday.

4 comments:

Erika said...

you've joined finally!!! i'm sure it took a lot of consideration and courage...

Nex said...

I now officially welcome you to the family :)

Watlah u make Jason sound so boring...he's departing important information to you and Esther you know...later don't say "why I don't know about this one?", or "You sure this is in the terms and conditions ah?". :D

You got your white shirt and red tie yet? Must wear one for official function you know...and no jeans anymore... :P

Now go get 'em tiger!

CFC said...

White shirt and red tie? What?

Aaargh! I hate shirts and ties!

I want to cancel! Stop! Help!

Nex said...

He he he...kidding lah...the white shirt and red tie was an 'old' requirement, coz according to surveys white shirt and red tie exudes professionalism and confidence. Go look closely when Presidents and Prime Ministers (from other countries) speak. More often then not they'd be wearing white shirt and red tie.