EXPRESS your words


When I passed by this route, I always see this poster and when I looked up at it, I am smacked by the slogan, "Actually, it is rocket science".
Then it got me thinking, how that when one speaks a sentence, it can be (mis)interprested differently. Don't believe me? Follow the sentence below and then you come to the ones highlied in capital letters, say it as if its very important:

"Actually, it is rocket science."

Ready? Now let's see you make those important words!

ACTUALLY, it is rocket science
(As a matter of fact, I can tell you it is rocket science and not the shoe.)

Actually, IT is rocket science
(Really, the whole thing is about rocket science and not the shoe.)

Actually, it IS rocket science
(It is! It is! Don't you believe me? Don't believe the shoe!)

Actually, it is ROCKET science
(Yes, the type of science is related to rockets and nothing to do with shoes.)

Actually, it is rocket SCIENCE
(Yes, it is about Science and no shoes.)

No comments: