My Day at the Office

I spent the whole day in the Office today. And by 12 I was already bored. Throughout my whole working Life, I was so used to going out on the field, that just staying put during office hours is really torturing. When I was in the car, I get to listen to music, drive around, learn new routes, see things and "on the way" buy stuffs too (if I had extra cash).

But sitting in the office is just that. Sitting. Parking my big fat butt on the chair for 8 hours, doing boring paperwork, (and surfing the Internet *ahem*). Going to the pantry/toilet at first was exciting because it was the only reprieve. But after going there for the umpteenth time, it was getting monotonous. If there were incoming calls for technical assistance, I would take it with gusto. But there was none. Sigh. One week, we had service calls so full that we could not take anymore. And the next, it was so bad that even swatting flies could be considered as work. Yep, the economic effect is starting to affect us in this Industry.....

Luckily, I was saved by a vendor who asked me to
test on their voicemail system because it was said
to have the Bahasa Malaysia language (Indonesia)

Unfortunately, when I turned it over, there was
this message stating there is a problem with the
motherboard. But that did not deter me.


It was not until half an hour later when I got all
the necessary items to start testing in the Lab
that the full impact of the problem hit me. Yes,
it does have Malay (Indonesian) Language. Yes,
it also have English. But no, the third language
is Thai. We needed the third language to be in
Chinese Mandarin. Oh well, fun's over.

No comments: