PIzza Milano

[12032010 2142]

And so, after the haircut, I called my Wife regarding dinner. Since it was almost 9 when I finished my business, it was too late to drive back home and get them all here since most shops close at 10. After 30 minutes, Wife and kids were here while my Dad and brother escaped elsewhere with Mom at home. She was dehydrated and could not take in any solids for a while. Yeah, this is what happens when the season is hot.

We saw this the week before, and they were located
just exactly behind Pizza Hut. This was formerly
another restaurant which I forgot the name, where a
guy was killed in a robbery. Either it was closing time
or he was opening the restaurant.


The Atmosphere
Well, this is a new place and they have practically renovated it to resemble a cheap fast food restaurant serving moderate Italian meals. And if you hate green, do not go in there. Although there were two floors, we advised not to go up since it was not ready. And just like a new restaurant, the staff there were all smiles and eager to please. But however, I felt it was weird. For example, apart from Japanese shops, no one would shout 'Welcome' or "Goodbye, Come again" when you enter or leave the place. And the smiling gets to me after a while too. When we're finished, out waitress would come and asks if everything is OK, which my Wife commented, 'Its a bit too salty'. Maybe because I have not encountered such conversations, the waitress replied, smilingly, that they 'Will put less salt then next time we come'. Well, I was stumped. I mean, how would she know we would be coming back? What if we did come back and it was not on her shift? Or, if we ate at another place where she also serves, would she remember not to put too much salt? This is so wierd.

Anyway, since it was still new, some of the items on the menu were not ready, so do ask beforehand so that you will not be too disappointed.

Ah, now, about the food. They came very fast.
And I am wishing I have a microwave detector.
Still, the Chicken Lasagne is great. Wife said it
was too soft and salty. Me? Its food, what.......

OK, so both girls do not like Lasagne.
Come to think of it, they don't even like Garfield

But they love the Banana Split

Since we're on the subject of menus, please do take heed that you need to remember what you have ordered as the food that arrive on your table does not resemble much as what was shown in the menu.

For example, my delicious blob of cream and meat.
Looked like chicken meat floss on top of a creamy
salad.

Until you remember what you ordered.

The pizza look quite accurate except for some few slices
of salami.

And so, you go look up the menu again. Sigh.......

We ordered the seafood Aglio Olio, which we told them
no spices and they actually did that. And it tasted OK.
Since I was still feeling a bit hungrier than usual, I
ordered the Creamy Seafood Olio which I shared
with Wife. Once they put in the spices, wow.

And yes, this spicy Olio rocks!

Overall, for two soft drinks, one Large pizza, one Lasagne and two Olios, the bill came up to less tan RM60.00. So, its a good dinner and a very special one too. Still, would I go back there again? I heard they have a branch in 1-Utama or someting. Well, one day.....

But stop with all the smiling already. This is not a mental asylum for would-be Italian chefs.

No comments: