Hotwheels Battle Force 5's Reverb

24082010 2220

While biding my time for my appointment with Kenny, I spotted something very nice at the Pavillion. Its one of those Hot Wheels toy cars (read: Expensive). To be more accurate, its the Reverb, owned by Stanford Isaac Rhodes IV. I'll skip the background details as there is a lot of info on the Internet. This is one of the new CGI cartoons which I saw the girls watching them a week ago on Astro. Suffice to say, it took me more than 30 minutes before getting it. And from the corner of my eye, I suspect the Salesperson was about to pounce on me for lingering in the shop too long and not buying anything. Hah.

Oh, and guess what? Its from the same company which made Stormhawks too.


And so, for RM69.90, I submit myself to VISA. This
is one of the few BF5 vehicles of this scale/size. You
can have the smaller 1/43 but they come in a playset
or you can have a slightly bigger one but their
dimensions looked very cacat. So, this Reverb
is the best of the lot.

Of course, in a cartoon, you have a team. All are
really identifiable by the colour on their G-suits.
Reminds me of those live-action Japanese kiddy
shows. Then again, this happened everywhere.

So, purple guy have purple car. Got it.

The Reverb's weapon is sonic something and here,
in the real world, it is represented by hard plastic
missiles that can take out an ant at 10 inches. I
like the opening flaps and the 'pop' up of the guns
but after accidentally popping them too often, its
very irritating.

So, this is the more economical way of securing
the toy to the packaging. No more black wires.
Note the serious amount of screws to secure
the chassis to the body.

And those irritating but strong clear 'rubber
bands'. Lukily I was patient or else I suspect,
I would end up with a broken toy instead.

So, why do I like it? Well, just look at the front. If
you do not mind the razor sharp corners, the front
is just nice. Imagine the grills all being black and a
just a thin slit at the top for headlights.

Then at the rear, its enough for the red lights.
Who needs turn indicators and reverse lights?

The figure is just so sad, though. Its made of some
very soft vinyl and with just 5 points of articulation
it looked as if it was designed as some very last
minute addition. But then again, at that size for a
toy, this will have to be the best that they can do
since they have to take children into consideration.
Now, all you have to do is to add some rear vertical
wings and guess what?

Yep. But I'll forgo the front turbine.

No comments: