A very large silverfish

First of all, they are not fish. Their names were derived from its silvery colour and they way they move like a fish. And these buggers like to eat things that contain usually starchy stuff mainly, paper. Or precious books. The silverfish is also one of my hated enemies apart from termites. As they devour a lot of my precious books.

These pests are usually about 1cm (body only) and are very soft (and fragile). So when I see them going into hiding into one of the books, I just thump the suspected area and its dead. But today, this is different. I saw this one at one of my customer's place.

Its quite big and as I carefully moved the ruler in, it was not even
fazed. So, you can see how big it was. Since its at the customer's
place and not mine, there is no reason for me to affect its quality
of life. Really.

No comments: