Trip to Sg. Petani Day 1

[13122008]

OK, so here is another Holiday trip! One of our Sister in Law came back from Australia and so, after much "persuasion" I took another day's leave (15122008) so that we could all go to Sg. Petani to visit Sister in Law #3 up North. The day started with SIL #2 (Sister In Law) dropping SIL #6 to our house before we could begin the trip. SIL#2 could not follow us since her hubby is coming back on that day. On the way, we have to pick up SIL#1 at the Sg. Buloh bridge. Yeah, I know, I am beginning to rethink my role whether I am a husband or just a driver. Ha ha ha ha!

On the way, we stopped by Ipoh so that we could have some lunch and also some fruits. Its going to be a party tonight. Meanwhile, SIL#4 and he whole family passed us and reached Sg. Petani first.

Kristine givine Kaelynn a sisterly glare
about sharing seats with SIL#6.

A stopover in Ipoh, where SIL#6 tried the Hakka Meal
which I forgot what it was called. I tried it years ago and
I am not quite used to it. It jsut tasted .... green.

Buying pomeloes

I don't know why they did this all of a sudden and I did not ask.
I just took the shots first. Then I realised I switched off the
auto-focus because it was dark in the shop earlier.


Sometimes, I think we should have gotten a Toyota HiAce van
instead. Ha ha ha ha! The boot is loaded with food and more
food. Yep, tonight's definitely going to be a great party.

Meanwhile, after arriving in Sg. Petani, BIL#3 took some of us to a
bird's nest site where people cultivated these nests.

Its dark and cool inside and I had to use the flash. Most of the time,
it was too dark for the auto-focus to work. Anyway, this shot shows
the birds busy making a nest on the specially prepared wooden beam


And over here, this is a typical bird's nest. Its about 3-4 inches
in length. They could not use air-conditioning to make the place
cooler since the ideal atmostphere is to be cool and damp and not
cool and dry (aircon). So they used other equipment. Not only
that, they also played recordings of the swallows and its very
painful to the ears because they used tweeters (high frequency)

No comments: